Supporting St Bartholomew’s Hospital, its patients and staff since 1911.
The Barts Guild is St Bartholomew’s Hospital’s League of Friends. Since 1911 we have supported Barts patients and staff by providing all kinds of services. Today our shops and trolley service are a valuable amenity for the Hospital community, and our gifts to wards and departments, from microwave ovens to medical equipment, make a great contribution to the life of Barts, which is now a specialist cancer and heart hospital, a vital part of the Barts Health NHS Trust.
In recent years we have contributed to the costs of:
- DVD equipment for fitting and use with MRI scanners
- Art therapy equipment and materials
- Equipment for the Oncology Department’s stem cell transplant programme
- Plants for the flower beds around St Bartholomew’s the Less
- A vital signs monitor for the Outpatients Department
- An informational DVD for those about to start treatment for eye cancer
- Memorial Services for former patients of the Renal Department
- Scalp coolers to prevent hair loss in chemotherapy treatment
- Mobile computers for the Cancer and Haematology Treatment Centre
- Cabinet for the Radiotherapy Department
- Breast care booklets for the cancer information centre
Special adjustable chairs, TV sets and microwave ovens for wards, reception areas and relatives’ rooms at Barts.
If you would like to make a donation, however big or small, please click here.